Beef Stew: A Classic Comfort Dish
by Marie Williams on May 10, 2023
Beef stew is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for generations. It's a comforting and hearty meal that warms the soul on a cold day. Made with tender chunks of beef, root vegetables, and savory broth, it's a perfect meal to share with friends and family.
Here's how to make a delicious beef stew that's sure to be a hit:
- 2 pounds of beef stew meat, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until the onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, and potato to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the beef back to the pot and pour in the beef broth.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Stir everything together and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
Serve the beef stew in bowls with crusty bread on the side. This hearty dish is perfect for a cozy night in, and the leftovers are even better the next day. Enjoy!
Purchase Stew Beef HERE today!