How to Cook Ground Lamb: Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Flavorful Meals
by Marie Williams on May 11, 2023
Ground lamb is a flavorful and versatile protein that can be used in a variety of dishes, from meatballs and burgers to stews and curries. If you're new to cooking with ground lamb, it can be a little intimidating at first, but with a few simple tips and techniques, you'll be able to create delicious and satisfying meals that your whole family will love.
Here are some tips on how to cook ground lamb:
Choose the right cut of lamb: Ground lamb is typically made from lamb shoulder, leg, or a combination of both. Shoulder is the most flavorful cut, while leg is leaner and more mild in flavor.
Cook on medium heat: Lamb has a lot of natural fat, so it's important to cook it on medium heat to prevent it from becoming tough and chewy. Use a non-stick skillet or a cast-iron skillet for best results.
Don't overcook: Ground lamb should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Overcooking can result in dry and tough meat.
Add flavorings: Ground lamb can be a little gamey in flavor, so it's a good idea to add some flavorings to the meat. Garlic, onion, cumin, and coriander are all great options.
Use in a variety of dishes: Ground lamb is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. Try making lamb burgers, meatballs, stuffed peppers, shepherd's pie, or a lamb curry.
Here's a recipe for lamb burgers to get you started:
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground lamb, garlic, onion, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into 4-6 patties, depending on how big you want your burgers to be.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Cook the lamb burgers for 3-4 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Serve the lamb burgers on hamburger buns with your choice of toppings.
Cooking with ground lamb can be a fun and exciting way to add some variety to your meals. With these tips and a little creativity, you can create delicious and satisfying dishes that your whole family will love.
Purchase Ground Lamb HERE Today!