Feature of the Week: Chef Lord Byron’s Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
Need a recipe that is healthy, and delicious? Look no further than Chef Byron’s Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe using our free range chicken thighs!
This tasty dish is not only easy to make but also has an amazing flavor. The sauce for this recipe starts with pineapple juice, soy sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, and white vinegar. Then you add the cornstarch mixture of water and corn starch which thickens up the sauce nicely. Add your favorite vegetables such as broccoli or carrots to give it some extra veggies in every bite! This dish will have everyone asking for seconds.
HERE IS WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Chicken – For best results, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. They have more flavour and will not dry out, which is especially important when employing the double fry method.
- Cornstarch – This used twice. First, it is used to form a crispy batter on the chicken. It’s used a second time to help thicken the sauce.
- Oil – You will need oil to fry the chicken. Either vegetable or canola oil is good.
- Bell Peppers – I used one large red and one large green bell pepper.
- Pineapple Juice – You only need one cup, so unless you are going to drink the rest, only buy a small bottle
- Brown Sugar – The sauce needs the sugar for sweetness. Brown sugar helps with caramelization, which makes a beautiful, glossy sauce.
- Ketchup – Ketchup is used for colour, sweetness, and tartness.
- Soy Sauce – There’s a lot of soy sauce in here, so use low sodium for best results.
- Rice Vinegar – You can use other vinegars as well, such as white vinegar, cider vinegar, or even rice or champagne vinegar. Don’t use malt or balsamic for this dish.
- Spices and Seasonings – To round everything out, you will need salt and black pepper, as well as garlic powder and onion powder.
- Sesame Seeds – For garnish and completely optional.
For the Full Instructions on how to prepare this Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe go here and share your results with us!
Warning: _() expects exactly 1 parameter, 2 given in /home/ovmmeats/public_html/wp-content/themes/ottawavalleymeats/functions/layouts.php on line 113