Lord Byron has created another savory ground beef pasta recipe that will leave you wanting more. The ground beef is mixed with various vegetables like carrots, onions, tomatoes, and peas.
The original idea for this dish came from the cooler Canadian weather approaching where you can snuggle up to a warm bowl of this delicious pasta.
The dish is very easy to make and you can even use a blender to chop the vegetables if you don’t have time. This savory ground beef recipe serves around 4 people. If your looking for diet variants consider making this recipe gluten-free by choosing gluten-free pasta, and in addition to being gluten-free, this meal can also be made dairy-free by omitting the use of parmesan cheese on top. Lord Byron’s ground beef recipe with vegetables is a simple and delicious weeknight meal that the entire family will also enjoy perfect back-to-school lunch for the kids. Think of it more like an Italian pasta stew.
This is a simple and delicious weeknight meal that the entire family will also enjoy. This ground beef recipe with vegetables can be made gluten-free by choosing gluten-free pasta, or dairy-free by omitting parmesan cheese on top. If you’re looking for an easy way to get more protein in your diet then this dish might just do it! Enjoy Lord Byron’s latest savory ground beef and pasta recipe as much as we did.
Ingredients are listed in the order they are used in the recipe.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 450 grams pasta, cooked and drained
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1/3 tablespoon dried thyme)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Add the olive oil, lean ground beef, and onion to a Dutch oven or large, heavy-bottomed pot or skillet. Over medium heat, cook the meat until no more pink is visible. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- While the ground beef is cooking, prepare the pasta – be sure to salt the water! Once the pasta is done, drain it and set it aside. Don’t rinse it off!
- Add the salt, black pepper, and dark soy sauce to the ground beef and give it a good stir.
- Next, add the carrots, onion soup mix, tomato paste, tomatoes, and oregano. Stir all of these things into the beef mixture.
- Finally, pour in two cups of water. Stir to combine and continue to cook on medium heat until the carrots are tender. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the thyme and peas. Stir into the beef mixture.
- Next, add the cooked and drained pasta. Stir well to combine.
- Finally, add the parsley. Stir well again and taste for seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 736kcal | Carbohydrates: 112g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1001mg | Potassium: 1403mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 11757IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 7mg
For the Full write up visit Lord Byron’s website here